Product added to cart
How to Choose the Right Cleansers for Your Skin
The number one rule of skin health, and the key to any effective skincare routine, is skin-prep. Skin-prep means starting every routine, regardless of your skin condition, with an essential step: cleansing, and making sure you’ve got the best products to do so.
Think of skin-prep like an artist’s canvas: an artist never starts a masterpiece with a compromised canvas or without the correct tools and your skin is no different. The right cleanser should provide you not only with a deep cleansing action but also leave your skin barrier intact, meaning it shouldn’t strip, dry, or irritate your skin.
So, how often should you Cleanse?
The simple answer is twice per day, morning, and evening. Here’s why:
- Once in the Morning: Ensures you’ve gently removed excess oils and impurities and have clean, clear skin ready for your corrective serums and hydrators.
- Twice in the Evening: Double-Cleansing every evening is crucial to ensure you have first thoroughly cleared away makeup, oils, and environmental pollutants and second, totally cleaned your skin to maintain or work towards clearer, brighter skin.
Which Cleanser should you choose?
- Gentle Antioxidant Cleanser is the perfect choice as it’s suitable for all skin types, doubles as an eye makeup remover and will leave your skin feeling clean without that stripped feeling. Double this with a silky-smooth cleansing cloth like The Skin Shammy and you have the ultimate cleansing action with the softest feel and finish.
- For oily, congested, thickened, problematic skins, Corrective Cleanser & Peel is a cleanser with attitude and your best choice! Powered by L-Lactic and encapsulated Salicylic Acids (BHA), it helps to purify and gently exfoliate the skin keeping those clogged pores at bay.
- Our top choice for a second cleanse (or standalone fave), Nourishing Cleansing Balm is perfect for all skin types and concerns. Heavenly and cloud-like, it goes on as a balm, is massaged in as an oil and turns to a milk with water, picking up dirt, pollution and makeup as it goes. Offers antioxidant protection, hydrating and soothing benefits while supporting deep cleansing and the removal of oil soluble build-up.
What about a Toner, do you need to tone?
The truth about Toners is this – a good cosmedical cleanser shouldn’t leave the skin unbalanced so that they would require rebalancing with a Toner. Instead, we recommend Micellar Treatment Gel, a second-generation toner, meaning its purpose, rather than rebalancing the skin, is to provide an extra deep cleanse or take the place of a morning cleanse for those looking for a simpler routine.
Micellar Gel Treatment contains active ingredient EXO-P® which goes one step further and provides your skin with a protective shield against dehydration, pollutants, and environmental stressors as it purifies and brightens your skin.